The easiest way to reach Lake Iseo is to rent a car at the airport. Milan Bergamo Airport is located around 40 minutes from Lake Iseo, while Milan Linate is about a 1 hour’s drive from Iseo. If you don’t drive, here is the information to reach Lake Iseo by public transport.
- Bergamo Orio al Serio (Milan Bergamo)
- Milano Linate
- Verona Villafranca
From Milan Bergamo Airport to Lake Iseo
To reach the West shore of the lake (Bergamo province):
- A direct bus connects the airport to the town of Lovere from 3 to 5 times a day. The line is called BS1 and tickets can be bought at the box Office Orioshuttle inside the airport. Visit Arriva for the timetable
- Alternatively, take the Airport Bus to Bergamo Station and then a bus to reach the towns of Sarnico, Predore, Tavernola, Riva di Solto, Lovere. Bergamo Bus Station is located opposite to the Train Station, and the journey lasts 30 to 45 minutes. Visit Arriva for the timetable or ask for information at the ticket office. Please note that tickets cannot be bought on the bus, you need to buy your ticket before boarding (ticket office is open everyday from 06:30 to 20:00)
To reach the East shore of the lake (Brescia province):
- Take a Austostradale bus to Brescia Station and then the train to the lake. Every day there are 10 journey Orio al Serio – Brescia Stazione: the first journey from Orio al Serio is at 5:10 am, the last at 11 pm in the evening, coordinated with the arrivals of the flights of the major airlines. The bus leaves from the bus stop 24. The price is 12 EUR one way and 22 EUR for the return ticket. The journey lasts around 50 minutes. Consult the timetable of the Autostradale bus. Visit Autostradale website to buy the tickets. At Brescia Station take a train to Iseo, Pilzone, Sulzano, Sale Marasino, Marone-Zone, Vello, Toline, Pisogne. Visit the Trenord website for timetable and information. The train journey takes between 30 minutes and 1 hour, depending on your destination.
From Milano Linate Airport to Lake Iseo
- Train + Train or Bus: Take an ATM (local transport company) bus to Milano Centrale Station where you can take a train to Bergamo or Brescia stations:
- From Bergamo you can take a bus to Sarnico, Predore, Tavernola, Riva di Solto, Lovere. Bergamo Bus Station is located opposite to the Train Station, and the journey lasts 30 to 45 minutes. Visit Arriva Italia for the timetable or ask for information at the ticket office.
- From Brescia take a train to Iseo, Pilzone, Sulzano, Sale Marasino, Marone-Zone, Vello, Toline, Pisogne. Visit the Trenord website for timetable and information. The train journey takes between 30 minutes and 1 hour, depending on your destination.
- Bus to the West shore: A direct bus connects Sesto San Giovanni (North Milan) to Lovere. You can reach Sesto San Giovanni (metro stop Sesto Marelli) with the underground from Milano Centrale. The line is called BS1 and connects Sesto San Giovanni to Ponte di Legno, via Orio al Serio Airport. Consult the timetable of the bus Milan – Lake Iseo. Tickets can be purchased at Edicola Marelli (newsagent).
From Verona Villafranca Airport to Lake Iseo
- From the airport take a bus to Verona Porta Nuova Station, then a train to Brescia. From there you can take the Trenord train to Iseo, Pilzone, Sulzano, Sale Marasino, Marone-Zone, Vello, Toline, Pisogne
- If you are going the East shore (Bergamo province) once you have arrived in Brescia you can find a combination of trains and buses depending on where you are going. Please ask at the station for the best option, or you can check Arriva Italia for suggestions
Timetable and Itineraries: Useful websites
- Bus from Orio al Serio Airport, Bergamo Station and Milan (Sesto San Giovanni) to Lake Iseo: Arriva
- Bus from Orio al Serio Airport to Brescia: Autostradale
- Train from Milano to Brescia or Bregamo: Trenitalia
- Train from Verona to Brescia: Trenitalia
- Train from Brescia to Lake Iseo: Trenord
- Travel around Lombardy region: Muoversi in Lombardia